Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tex mex and....the big WEIGH IN

Yesterday was my first official weekly weigh in.  I lost a pound and a half.  I was a little disappointed, but realized my meals the last couple of nights prior to the weigh in were a little bit on heavy side.  I decided to look on it positively, move forward, and adjust three things....

1-  Drink more water (I'm so horrible about this during the day.  Teachers don't get many restroom breaks.)

2-  Exercise more (My dog needs the walks anyway)

3-  Watch my portions (no more seconds on vegan Alfredo)

While I wanted to lose a little more, I'm fine with it.  I'm really in this to find a healthier way of eating, not concentrate JUST on my weight.  

Last night we had a delicious Tex Mex dinner.  I found a recipe for cheese quesadillas and guacamole in my Skinny Bitch in the Kitch book.  I decided to go with my own guacamole.  I'm always experimenting with my recipe, and last night I got it down to a tee.  My middle son literally wanted seconds on guacamole...no chips or quesadillas with it, just wanted the "guac".  We LOVE avocados, so guacamole is pretty common in our house.  Here is what I used last night.  It was my best ever!


I mashed up my avocados first.  Then I chopped about half the small red onion and added it.  I threw in a minced clove of garlic, a tad bit of cilantro, and about a fourth of the juice of the lime.  I then salted it to taste.  It was PERFECTION.  Try it!  You won't be disappointed.












After that I started on my quesadillas...
Spread coconut oil on whole wheat tortillas







Put it a little vegan Monterrey Jack cheese

Add some black beans and salsa

Fold 'er over

Fry 'em up

A winning meal for the whole family!


And is was so easy!

Kevin bought breaded eggplant at Albertson's tonight.  We ate it with whole wheat spaghetti and Ragu spaghetti sauce.  Sometimes going vegan doesn't have to be hard!  Yea!

I'm off to make a yummy vegan chocolate chip cookie dough dip recipe for a fun girl's night tomorrow with my BFF Anna.  I'll let you know all about it next time.

Until then, be healthy!!!





1 comment:

  1. Does the vegan cheese "melt?" It seems like every alternative cheese I've ever tried doesn't melt very well...

    1.5 pounds is awesome. Don't be discouraged! :)

    I started a weight loss blog at http://fatterywillgetyounowhere.blogspot.com if you want to come check it out. I'm doing Weight Watchers...not even a little bit vegan, but I may have to try out some of these recipes.

    We've been talking about having like, "meatless mondays" or something in our house. But, we are all carnivores, it might be tough.

    ReplyDelete